Monday, December 6, 2010

I Am Doing Something Crazy This Morning...



Friends, today I am doing something so out of the ordinary.  Like crazy in my world on a few points. 

1.  I am getting up earlier then I have to.

2.  I am going out of the house without the kids.

3. I am going RUNNING. 

Oh the thought of it horrifies me. I don't run. Ever.  I walk a lot every day with the three kids- taking them everywhere in my Moby Wrap and/or our double stroller (my "Car") but running ... never.  I am more of a swimmer or exercise biker.

I have always been jealous of the people I see each morning pounding their feet on the pavement. Peaceful. It looks really peaceful.  Nothing but your own feet and some comfortable shoes and maybe some motivational music.  I have always wanted that.

My brother is coming with me. Bright {well, not likely bright} and early.  I will be attempting my first run. In the winter. In the cold and I am excited and nervous.  Starting slow & I am not making any promises to continue but the goal is to go 3 times a week.  It will probably be laughable but I can only get better {well, unless my knee craps out on me} and I could really use the stress release and quiet time. 

:: Did I mention that it will be snowing 5cm (2") tonight? ::

Wish me luck & if you have any tips for a new, first time runner/jogger I would love if you could impart some of your wisdom!

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting™
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               Find Me:Twitter Facebook Blog RSS Vimeo Ning