As a mommy nothing makes me feel as bad as when my kids are sick. This week my kids have caught the stomach flu - something that seems to be making the rounds everywhere. With this type of flu I always get really nervous about dehydration. It doesn't take a lot for a child (my kids are young - 4, 3 & 22mo) to get to the point of dehydration and it can be a struggle sometimes to do your best to prevent that from happening.
My kids kind of shut down when they get sick - not wanting to eat or drink or move. The quiet I will admit is nice, but seeing them so not themselves is a bit heartbreaking. Getting the older two kids to at least drink some water or diluted juice is easier now then when they were younger but for E is can be a struggle. I understand too because when I don't feel well, the last thing i want to do with my upset stomach is put food or water in it.
That is why I am so thankful for "extended breastfeeding". E is 22 months old and our breastfeeding relationship is still going strong.
She gets the perfect comfort and medicine for when she is sick.
And I don't have to worry that she is not getting enough liquid - at risk for dehydration - because my body is providing for her. She gets her liquid, food and comfort all from me - with an easy-to-digest bonus to it.
So, today is a big THANK YOU to my breasts and body for making things just a little bit easier for my sweet, sick babe.
| I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥ Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting™ Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com |
