Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Chaos Always Happens When You Have Too Much To Do


Accustomed Chaos: Not just a name because I am so used to the chaos. It creeps up at you right when you don't have time for it. 

This weekend I had another MRI scheduled - an easy one - but I still hate them.  I had one last week too and I have had a million in total. What was different about this one? Well, if you have ever had an MRI you know they are noisy - N.O.I.S.Y! Last week {and for every other MRI I have had} the technician gave me ear plugs - they work.  This last one I had the technician {who seems kinda clueless} gave me headphones. They worked - no noise.

The MRI was over & everything was good - or so I thought. My ears started burning & itching like crazy. I got out of the hospital gown and went to the washroom to see what was up with my ears. They were on FIRE - ok, not literally but they were red and itchy and HOT - & a perfect match to the shape of the headphones.

UH OH! I know this rash. 

Ya see - I have a latex allergy. The hospital has it well documented and even made mention of it at the reception when I checked in.

You know who failed to look at that? The MRI technician - who gave me the latex covered headphones.

Great.

Benadryl here I come. Busy day planned out the window because I will be in a benadryl "induced coma" cause that stuff makes me tired. I ended up sleeping almost the entire afternoon. Thankfully my husband was home and I was able to. 

Shitty timing because I have a lot to do. 

This week I am heading to BlogHer and leaving my kids for the first time ever. I have a million of things to do and needed that day. It went out the window.

To top it all off yesterday I caught the flu and with that a fever of 104+. 

Anxiety level climbing! Fingers crossed for me lovelies!!

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos / Canada Gluten Free Examiner
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               TwitterFacebookBlog RSS