Monday, July 5, 2010

Gluten Free Breaded Chicken & Jalapeno Havarti Sandwich

Gluten Free Breaded Chicken & Jalapeno Havarti Sandwich


I love sandwiches and since eating gluten free I don't eat sandwiches too often.  Sandwiches are great because well, you can make only about 100 different types and this weekend I was in the mood for something epic and filling.

In came the idea for a breaded chicken & jalapeno havarti sandwich.  Using two of my favourite products - Kinnikinnick's Panko Style Bread Crumbs and Sandwich Bread from Portions I embarked on making and hopefully enjoying a very tasty and filling sandwich. Tasty it was!!

Keep Reading for recipe:




Ingredients:
  • Fresh gluten free bread (I used Portions Sandwich Bread)
  • 2 boneless skinless chicken breast cutlets
  • 1 cup Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs {gluten free}
  • 1 cup rice flour or corn starch
  • 3 eggs; beaten
  • oil for frying
  • tomato; sliced
  • jalapeno havarti cheese; sliced
  • bacon; cooked
  • mayonnaise


Directions:
  1. Heat oil in a fry pan
  2. Dredge chicken in the rice flour until covered - then dunk in egg and then into the Kinnikinnick bread crumbs 
  3. covering the chicken completely; repeat for other chicken breast

  4. Once the oil reaches about 350-360 degrees F carefully add the breaded chicken turning halfway through fry until cooked through - about 15 minutes.
  5. Place on a paper towel
  6. Prepare your sandwich- layer mayonnaise, bacon, havarti cheese tomato and chicken. 


This sandwich is obviously not the healthiest thing to eat - but it is so filling and tasty and a wonderful treat. The chicken stays good for left overs although it is so delicious there rarely is any!


Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!