Monday, April 12, 2010

Product Review: Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs + Recipe

Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs (Gluten Free)
Kinnikinnick sent me a sample of their new Panko Style Bread Crumbs to try out. I have been trying to think of the perfect recipe to make with the panko crumbs that would give me a good idea on how great this product is and decided on making Eggplant Parmesan. I have not had this recipe in over 10 years and certainly not since going gluten free. I had not found a gluten free breadcrumb that I liked (and I hate making my own) so I really just avoided this recipe --- until now.

Keep Reading for Recipe:



Ingredients:
  • 2 cups Marinara sauce
  • 2 medium sized eggplants; trimmed and cut
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 cups rice flour
  • 3 cups Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs
  • 4 large eggs
  • 1 cup Parmesan cheese; finely grated
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • vegetable oil

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Combine salt, flour and pepper in a shallow bowl. Combine breadcrumbs and 3/4 cup of the parmesan cheese in another shallow bowl. Create an assembly line; starting with the eggplant slices, then flour, eggs, breadcrumbs and set on waxed paper
  3. Dredge the eggplant slices in the flour, shake off excess, then dip in eggs, then dredge in breadcrumbs until they are evenly coated and set on wax paper.
  4. In a large saute pan, heat 1/2 inch of oil over medium heat. Carefully add 3 or 4 eggplant slices and cook until they are golden brown on both sides (about 2 minutes per side)
  5. Remove from oil , drain on paper towels and season with salt. Repeat with remaining eggplant.
  6. In a baking dish add a scoop of marinara sauce and evenly spread out. Line 8 eggplant slices and top with more marinara, then mozzarella and Parmesan. Repeat each layer until all ingredients have been used.
  7. Bake in preheated oven for approx. 20 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bubbly.


Eggplant coated in Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs

Layering Eggplant and marinara sauce
Topping with Parmesan and mozzarella and more eggplant
Eggplant Parmesan cooked for 20 minutes
Gluten Free Eggplant Parmesan
The Kinnikinnick Panko Style Bread Crumbs were fantastic! They held the Eggplant Parmesan together well and didn't get soggy (which is what I was worried about). The taste was incredible and I could not tell it was gluten free.  I had some leftover the next day and it was still incredible.  Kinnikinnick has some great recipes for this product on their website. I bet it would make an incredible homemade chicken nugget or breaded fish!

You can find out more information on Kinnikinnick by visiting their website, facebook page, twitter or youtube!

What recipe have you/would you like to try out with these new Panko Style Bread Crumbs?

Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

Be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow my blog and get updates to your dashboard