Wednesday, April 7, 2010

MRI's and Milkshakes

MRI Machine (photo credit: digital cat via Flikr)
Tonight I had another MRI done, not one on my head, neck or spine (thankfully cause those are awful! I've had 6 of those - long story), but on my knee.  I have always had a bum knee and had surgery done on it about 10 years ago when I was 17 years old so I knew the day would come where that might come back into the picture.

The MRI appointment wasn't until 10 at night which was nice because I was able to turn it into a mini-date with my husband. See, we rarely get out of the house together and with this appointment being so late we were able to have some time almost-alone. My brother (thank goodness for him!) came over to my place and hung out while my two older kids were "sleeping" (they were playing 'quietly' in their room) and my husband and I took our youngest with us since she would likely sleep.  

I was right and Baby E fell asleep on the car ride over to the hospital. She is still in a bucket car seat (Graco Snug Ride 32) so she is easily transportable.    Other then the emergency room area, the hospital was nice and quiet. No screaming children, loud music, pre-school fights to break up - it was great.  My husband and I were hanging out in the MRI waiting room and were able to have an uninterrupted conversation - a real adult conversation.  

MRI's always make me feel wonky (because of this health issue I have, will get into that more later) so to cheer me up we went and got a milkshake. A super creamy, ridiculously sized vanilla milkshake. It was a great impromptu date with my husband and we will take alone, quiet time in any way that we can. When we got home Baby E was still asleep and I went and put the other two to bed (my goodness they were up until past 11- always pushing their bed time back) and my husband went out to meet his friends.  The quiet was nice while it lasted !

What are some unusual ways you and your significant other find time alone together?

Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

Be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow my blog and get updates to your dashboard