I have never made homemade bread from scratch before. I have never used yeast before and I certainly have never made gluten free homemade olive oil bread before. On my 28th birthday this past weekend I was feeling adventurous and decided to give all of that a try. My oldest child will be starting school in the fall so I am determined to get good at baking homemade gluten free bread for him to take to school with him.
So began the adventure... Gluten Free Olive Oil Bread (made in the oven)
Ingredients:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup soy flour
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 2 Tbs. yeast
- 1 Tbs. kosher salt
- 2 Tbs. guar gum
- 2 1/2 cups water (room temp.)
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2/3 cups olive oil
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
Directions:
- Dissolve yeast in water for 5 minutes
- In a bowl mix together dry ingredients and combine with yeast/water mixture.
- Add remaining liquid ingredients.
- Turn oven on 350 degrees for 2 minutes then turn off. Place dough in warmed oven for 2 hours.
- After the 2 hours - break up dough into 3 greased loaf pans; smooth out top with wet spatula.
- Let rest for 40 minutes
- 30 minutes before baking time preheat oven to 450
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.
This bread made a real nice crispy crust with a nice textured and tasting bread. Not the best to make sandwiches with so I will be toying around with another recipe better for sandwiches, but this one is worth making.
Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Be sure to subscribe to our
RSS feed or follow my blog
and get updates to your dashboard