 |
| Summer in the backyard and my modest garden (July 2009) |
Spring has finally arrived this week. The weather is forecasting wonderful sunshine and temperatures that will not require me to rope the three kids into giant snow suits - AH!
Spring for me means happiness - it brings me out of hibernation - literally. During the winter a lot of my independence is taken away because of the weather. Here in Ontario, Canada we get snow - some years lots and some years it's not so bad. Since I am not able to drive, my mode of transportation are my feet, double stroller and Moby Wrap and/or public transportation and with the snow. The city I live in does not take care of clearing the sidewalks from snow very well and since I don't have snow tires for my stroller I don't don't easily get out of the house - hibernation for me is December - March.
Normally I walk to the library with the kids, the community centre, the grocery store, splash park and multiple playgrounds nearby. I swear sanity is in the quiet outdoors. My kids can be as loud as they want and it wont drive me up the wall. The chaos is spread out because I don't have all three climbing on me at one time while trying to cook, clean, and fold laundry at the same time. I find so much happiness in sitting outside with the kids, going for walks, keeping up my garden and basking in the sunshine.
This spring/summer marks another meaning for me because it is the last summer before my first child starts school. My oldest will be going into senior kindergarten this year (we didn't enroll him in JK) and I have some new routines to get him into and a lot of activities I want to fit in before I release him into the world (that is a whole new panic/rant).
What are you most looking forward to this spring/summer?
Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below
Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory
Be sure to subscribe to our
RSS feed or follow my blog
and get updates to your dashboard