Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Seeking Advice: Biting Nurser

I have entered a new territory.  Even though this is my third child, this is the first one I have been successful at breastfeeding past 4 months and now that she is turning one in a week, I have reached my intended goal with her!

I am having an issue with her lately though. She has taken to biting me or twisting her head without unlatching... certainly not fun for mommy.  I know this is a pretty common issue for breastfeeding Mom's so I am turning to you for your expertise. 

How do I get this to stop or is that even possible? Please tell me this is something she will at least grow out of. I know neither of us are ready to start weaning yet - so if we can make this less painful for me right now - that would be a HUGE bonus.

Thanks in advance Mom's!

*Edited to Add: Thank you to the support at Breastfeeding.com for your wonderful suggestions and sending out this amazingly helpful link from Kellymom.com. * February 9, 2010 @ 1:55pm

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory