Monday, April 26, 2010

Why You Should Never Trust Two Quiet Kids

The destruction of a 4 year old and 3 year old
I was having one of those days - the everything-is-getting-on-my-nerves-and-want-to-go-back-to-bed days.  I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep the night before because Baby E has decided to push her bedtime back to a crazy insane hour and that never puts me in a good mood.

We have a play room in the basement for the kids - a section that is just for them to run and play and watch a movie.  We don't like the kids running in the house except for the basement and on days where we just can't get outside - it is a lifesaver room. ... Sometimes.

Back to my everything-is-getting-on-my-nerves-and-want-to-go-back-to-bed day.  Life with 3 kids can be hectic at times and at this particular time I was busy nursing Baby E to sleep and Big P and Princess R were just going crazy - like fighting and playing and singing - they were loud.  I needed Babe E to sleep so when Big P and Princess R went down to the basement I didn't fight it. If they were in a different room Baby E would sleep and I would have some silence.

What I didn't know was that a BIG bag of awesome craft supplies I got from my mom was down there in their room. I had forgotten that I had just placed it there a few days earlier with intentions to put it away.  I had no idea what was in that bag but was about to find out.

I was up in the living room with sleeping Baby E in my arms and it was quiet. I could hear the kids playing downstairs but they were quiet - a very rare thing around here so I just let Baby E sleep.  That might have been a mistake.

When Baby E woke up I went downstairs to see what my relatively quiet kids were doing and I was met with a disaster. Apparently there was a big jar of gold glitter in the awesome bag of craft supplies and my kids got creative pretending it was snow. 

Gold glitter was all over the room and the kids

I should have known - this is not the first time their silence has met me with a giant mess. Glitter is like near-impossible to get out and you will always find bits of it everywhere.  I was thankful that Baby E got to take her much needed nap - but my poor husband had to spend his Sunday morning cleaning it up (with Big P's help) and it took near 2 hours.  

Have your kids surprised you with a massive mess when you think they are being good and playing quietly?


Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!