Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Wayback: My First Dance Wedding Song



I have been married now for just over 6 years and I love reflecting back on the planning and on that day that I became my best friends wife.  I had the perfect location, a gorgeous dress and the perfect first dance song.

When my husband and I were thinking about what song to choose - the perfect song- I kept coming back to one of my favourite movies - Moulin Rouge.  I have a love on for musicals and I had never seen a Broadway show so when this movie came out in 2001 I watched with my jaw on the floor. It was beautiful - the costumes, the songs, the sets - incredible. 

You might be wondering what this has to do with my wedding.  Well, I loved one particular song in Moulin Rouge so much that exact song was the one my husband and I chose as our first dance wedding song. 


Come What May is an incredible song. I am not a very emotional person but hearing this song now still makes me tear up.  I love it.  I love the way Ewan and Nicole sing it. I love the meaning behind the song and I love what "come what may" means.  If you remember - I even tattooed this phrase on my foot - a meaning that I really love.  I certainly didn't think I would find my wedding song from a movie soundtrack - but I mean, listen to it - it is incredible. 


:: What was your wedding song?  Do you still listen to it & remember your wedding day? ::

Moulin Rouge is now available on Blu-Ray so go out and get your copy!  This post is sponsored by Fox Home Entertainment & I received a copy of Moulin Rouge on Blu-ray. This is a true story in my own words & I already owned Moulin Rouge on DVD before this post. 

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               Find Me:Twitter Facebook Blog RSS Vimeo Ning