Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Why I Have Been M.I.A These Past 2 Weeks


I feel so disconnected these past 2 weeks - I haven't been online much in this blog, twitter or my facebook page both last week & this week and that is SO not like me.  It is usually easy to get a hold of me and I love chatting with everyone and writing posts & all that stuff ... so to my loyal readers & new ones please let me explain...

You all know my household has been hit with a nasty flu after cold after flu and October 15th I was nearing the end of the flu (as were my kids and husband) but I still had this HARDcore cough that would have me gasping for air and puking (sorry, ew I know!). 

Well, dudes that Friday I coughed so hard I tore 3 muscles in my neck. Yeah, an injury only I could do and it has been painful!

trapezius muscle
I ended up tearing both my left and right trapezius muscles - I have had an ongoing issue with my right side that I had been prescribed physio and massage way back in June that I was supposed to go to 4 times a week, but scheduling with 3 young kids & a husband who just started a new job I had not been able to go. Now, I have totally messed up both those muscles.

Scalenus medius muscle
On top of the trapezius muscles I also tore my scalenus medius muscle on my right side.  I have been to the doctor twice in the past two weeks for the tears and I am currently on 4 different medications because of it: a high pain killer medication, high anti inflammatory medication, high muscle spasm medication and a med for my stomach because one of the side effects of these meds are ulcers.  Making you jealous aren't I?

So, to say the least I have been in a lot of pain, very tired from all the medication and a busy stay at home mom (thankfully my older brother is in town & has been here with me).  I have to do all these crazy exercises to try to heal plus fit in the physiotherapy and massage therapy sessions 4 times a week.

My apologies to those who are waiting for guest posts, articles, email replies - I promise I will get all back into the swing of things soon. Also -- if you are going to Blissdom Canada this week & see me asleep in the corner or acting all crazy - I promise it is just because of the medication ;)

::  How are all you doing?! I miss you! ::


I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               Find Me:Twitter Facebook Blog RSS Vimeo Ning