I love going to the grocery store. Something I have always loved since I was little and my mom would tote my brothers and sister out with her on a bi-weekly basis. I go almost every day with the 3 kids in toe and we get our food for a day or two - our daily walk.
We go early in the day. It is quiet and open and stress free. That is until a long weekend is approaching and everyone seems to be running around like they have their head cut off or that they are the only person in the world who has shit to do and no time to do it. Where does everyone's manner and common sense go when they are in the grocery store?! Do they have it at all or is it really something about the grocery shopping that makes people act like this?
I was out with the kids today like every day except this weekend is a long weekend - Thanksgiving here in Canada. I am always shocked by people and the blinders they have on where they are the only people in the world. I was raised to have manners, common sense and to be aware of others around me. What happened to all these other people?!
On our walk we had cars running red lights as we were crossing the street, people making right hand turns when we were crossing the street, people zooming past the cross walk when it was our right of way. That was just on our walk to the store. Inside is a whole different world on a long weekend. You would think that these people have to hunt for their food. People taking up whole aisles, pushing past people, blocking entrances and exits, butting in line, running into kids, just generally being selfish and blind.
No manners, no courtesy.
I hate going to the store when it is busy. All i see are people at their worst and I really wonder if it is the store or the society.
:: What is your biggest peeve while grocery shopping? Do you notice the same thing?::
| I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥ Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting™ Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com |









