Friday, May 7, 2010

Follow Friday: Four Chickens

Homemade Gluten Free Soft Sandwich Bread
If you eat gluten free - be it for Celiac, allergy/intolerance, Autism or lifestyle reasons - you NEED to go and check out Four Chickens Blog

In her own words Jeanne says Four Chickens is 

About amazing and delicious gluten-free baking, family, books, ideas, community and the 5 (formerly 4) chickens who live in my urban backyard.

I swear to you the recipes she has up there are incredible. This week I tried out her Soft Sandwich Bread recipe.  I am on the hunt for a great, easy to make gluten free bread that I can perfect in time for Big P to start school this fall. Well, I have found it.  

I modified this recipe only a little - I had a slightly different flour combination (I don't use white rice flour) and I used 1 cup of almond milk instead of milk and dissolve the yeast in 1/2 cup of warm water.

I was impressed with the ease of this recipe and the short rise and cook time.  The taste and texture was incredible! It made a nice sized loaf - perfect for sandwiches and all 3 of my kids loved it.

So - head over to Four Chickens - but prepare to get the 'baking itch' and be amazed! 

Have a great weekend everyone! What are your plans for Mother's Day?

  * Check out the great giveaways and enter for your chance to win! *


Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!