Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Product Review: Surf Sweets

Surf Sweets Natural and Organic Candy sent us some samples of their products to review and my kids could not have been happier when they arrived! We were sent 4 products to try - 1 pack (78g) of Sour Worms, 1 snack pack (25g) each of Gummy Bears, Jelly Beans and Sour Berry Bears.

Surf Sweets candy is made with organic fruit juice and sweeteners and is free of corn syrup and GMO's, it is gluten and casein free and made in a nut-free facility.

The Surf Sweets brand was inspired by fun, healthy lifestyles and food choices. Sunny days on the beach, riding a few waves, and enjoying the best candy on the planet – what could be better?

Since we love candy and eat it regularly, we thought it made sense to offer candy that not only tastes fantastic, but that is a better choice for you, your family and for the environment


Packaging: 

Surf Sweets candy is not going specifically after the gluten free market, but the natural and organic market. Each of their products are clearly labeled with either "All Natural" (Sour Worms/Gummy Bears) or "Organic" (Jelly Beans/Sour Berry Bears) and indicating they are all made with organic fruit juice. Visiting their website will highlight that these products are all gluten and casein free and produced in an allergy friendly facility free from the 10 most common allergens. 

Taste and Texture:
When I opened up each package of the product I knew they were going to be good. I was hit with a mouth-watering smell with each one and had high hopes for the taste. I was NOT let down!

Sour Worms: The texture of the Sour Worms was a great combination of the chewy candy and the crunchy texture of the sugar coating. I would have liked them to be a bit more sour - if the packaging didn't say "Sour Worms" I would never have guessed they were sour. The strong fruit taste overpowered the sour but they were still very good!



Sour Berry Bears: The Sour Berry Bears had a great chew to them, not too soft and not too hard. The sour sugar was much more prominent in these and added a great taste to the fruity bears.





Jelly Beans: The Jelly Beans are much smaller then the average jelly bean - more of the size of Jelly Belly products. They come in a few different colors, each with their own taste. I found these to be a bit softer then I would have preferred but the taste was incredible. 




Gummy Bears: The Gummy Bears has the same texture and taste as regular gummy bears. The chew is perfect. The taste is a little bit bland, I would have liked a more powerful fruit taste, but other gummy bears don't often have a stronger taste. Comparing to the other products from Surf Sweets these were my least favourite.



Kids Appeal:
As I mentioned earlier, my kids were excited to try these out. They have not had too much experience with sugary candy, so I was not really sure how they would react to these. Both my 4 year old and 3 year old loved them! My 4 year old liked the Sour Worms the best and my 3 year old preferred the Sour Berry Bears. They both choose the Gummy Bears as their least favourite but still very much enjoyed them.

Surf Sweets Natural and Organic Candy is a great option for people looking for healthier products without lacking on taste!

Be sure to visit their website and try them out for yourself! They can also be found on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.



Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory