Friday, October 15, 2010

October 15th: Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day


October 15th is a very significant day for me - and many other mothers. If you don't know about the significance of today i am thankful; If you do i am sending you many hugs today.

October 15th marks the day all Angel moms & their family and friends remember our babies lost to miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS or neonatal loss as we all light a candle for our babies gone at:
7pm on October 15th Worldwide. 


As I light 10 candles tonight it will be bittersweet.  It will flood me with emotions that will likely take my breath away but it will also be a wonderful sight - a memory into pictures of my 10 angles surrounding me. 

There are many activities & walks going on around the world today and through out this weekend to spread awareness on miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS & neonatal loss - please check here for a walk near you.

There is a wonderful amazing organization working to spread awareness and support of miscarriage, stillbirth, SIDS and neonatal loss called Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope.  Their mission is to support each other and to show that we are not alone. They are also working on an amazing campaign to raise money for the 2000 women who suffer the loss of a baby each day in the US. Please check out their site www.IAmTheFace.org and offer your support if you can.  I am face #290.

Another amazing remembrance services is by Triplet Butterfly Wings - releasing butterflies for our angels.  I would not have heard of this beautiful service if it wasn't for my great friend Cindy who emailed me one day telling me she would like to sponsor a release in name of Triton

If you are going to be lighting a candle for your angel(s) or for the angels of your friends or family I would be honored if you could share the photos of your candles on my facbeook page along with a message on who the candle is lit for.

You are not alone.

Post Edited October 15 @7:20pm
Here are the beautiful candles I lit for my 10 Angels ♥

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               Find Me:Twitter Facebook Blog RSS Vimeo Ning