Friday, October 22, 2010

I'm a Proud Theta Mom!



Hello Theta Moms! My name is Devan and I am a stay at home mom to three beautiful kids (aged 4, 3 &1) and a wife to an amazing and supportive man who has been my sweetheart since high school. I started Accustomed Chaos in January 2010 to create a space that was just for me – where I could write my thoughts and share my passions; a little of everything.

We live in a gluten free household because both myself and 3 year old daughter have Celiac Disease – an autoimmune disorder triggered by gluten and in order to keep us safe my other two children and my husband eat gluten free as well.  When I was first diagnosed 4 years ago I was lost on what I can eat and thought my life of loving food was over.  Over the years I have really come to realize that I am not missing out at all and love sharing my recipes and favourite gluten free products.  Gluten free versions of Oreo-type cookies, lasagna, chicken fingers and lemon meringue pie – all possible and delicious!

How The Media Is Making Things Worse For Celiac Disease

The road to motherhood has not been easy for me and I use my blog as a safe place to work through the grief left by my 10 miscarriages.  The support from my readers and fellow bloggers has meant more to me then I can express and I never knew how much e-hugs would help in my journey.  I use Accustomed Chaos and my story to break the silence of miscarriage and bring this taboo topic into the light.

My Journey Through 10 Miscarriages

I am also a passionate attachment parent and breastfeeding advocate.  I have been breastfeeding my youngest now for 20 months and would like to continue until she plans to wean.  What you wont find here on Accustomed Chaos is any judgment or bashing of any kind – especially when it comes to breastfeeding vs formula. I am a strong believer in informed choice – whatever that choice is. 

Breastfeeding Advocacy vs Formula Bashing

I am all about keeping it real and honest.  I am accustomed to the chaos of children and all that comes with it. I don't pretend to be perfect and I do my best to cherish these moments - even the crazy ones  - because time goes way too quickly.

Taking Off The Mommy Mask

Blogging and the Theta Mom community has been so supportive of me and I love what Heather has built up. I had the opportunity to meet Theta Mom in person at BlogHer this summer and she is even more lovely in person!  Thank you to Heather for all your support and thank you fellow Theta Moms!

I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos | Gluten Free Attachment Parenting
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               Find Me:Twitter Facebook Blog RSS Vimeo Ning