Saturday, August 7, 2010

Best for Babes & By Moms For Moms Came To My Rescue & Saved My Boobies

You all know this is my first time being away from Baby E for any length of time and this is an extended time of 3 nights and 4 days. As you guys know I am breastfeeding Baby E and have been for the past 17 months so not only did was i anticipating this trip to cause a bit of separation anxiety – but also my breasts would have some separation anxiety as well.

Since I didn't bring Baby E with me to New York City or BlogHer and made the 13 hour ride down here I had my bags packed and had full intentions of bringing my electric breast pump with me – it was going to be necessary.

I woke up here in NYC on Friday morning and since I hadn't pumped or breastfed all day so when I woke up early Friday morning I opened my suitcase and FREAKED OUT. I had forgotten to pack my breast pump. I was already engorged and SORE and it was only the start of the second day – I had 2 more days to get through.

I tweeted this out and you guys were amazing with some suggestions on how I could cope. I did a bit of hand expressing which helped relieve some pain, but i also worried about my supply since i would be away so long. I am sure if you read the tweets you could sense my anxiety and PAIN!

Well, two super heros came to my rescue! The amazing Bettina at Best For Babes got into contact with By Moms For Moms who are here at BlogHer hosting the Lactation Lounge and hooked me up with a pump. The Lansinoh Affinity Pump!

Lansinoh Affinity Double Electric Breast Pump

I am not sure if i can thank them enough. If my breasts could hug them they would – RELIEF is AWESOME! The pump is amazing and worked like a dream! I have a pump at home and what i like so much about this Lansinoh Affinty Pump is that it manages to be both powerful yet not painful. We know that pumps are not the same as babes – and you need to be able to relax enough to get let down with a pump sometimes. The Lansinoh Affinity has a single button that stimulates let down and then goes into regular pumping mode. It was sweet relief and quick and unlike other pumps i have used it was gentle.

Thank you thank you thank you again to By Moms for Moms for helping me out and thank you to Best for Babes for looking after me – my boobs thank you, I thank you and my Babe will thank you ♥


I love hearing from you! Leave a comment below ♥
Accustomed Chaos / Canada Gluten Free Examiner
Email: accustomedchaos@gmail.com
               TwitterFacebookBlog RSS