For today's guest post we are still continuing on with the infant feeding topic. Today is a bit different because instead of featuring a Mama that breastfed, we have a Mama sharing her story on why she didn't breastfeed and why formula was the choice for her family. Today we are welcoming Blair from Heir to Blair as she shares her story in her own words:
*-------------------------------------------------*
We formula feed, aka POUR RAT POISON DOWN OUR CHILD'S THROAT EVERY
DAY. ::enter maniacal laughter::
Good. Now that we got
that bullshit out of the way, Hi, I'm Blair & I formula feed my
baby. By choice.
Going into pregnancy & motherhood, I always
planned to formula feed since I had a breast reduction in Fall 2007. It
was simply a fact that my chances of lactating were slim, so it didn't
surprise me that I didn't even get a squeeze of colostrum until almost
two weeks postpartum.
Secret side note: I still hoped that I would miraculously turn into a
cow & be able to nurse an entire village after delivery. But no
dice.
Anyway. BACK TO BOTTLES OF POISON. Formula feeding has
been so easy. Sometimes, I literally cringe at the breastfeeding
stories I hear & if my nipples still had sensation, they would hurt
for you. Because from the beginning, it's been a simple shake &
serve for us.
I know you can be mildly jealous of the perks formula feeding has,
even if you are a Lactation Nazi. Because while i will never deny that
'breast is best," I will certainly never deny the benefits of formula
feeding for our family.
- I never have to worry about modesty, nursing in public, or being kicked out of the local Target for feeding my child.
- I can wear dresses with ease.
- I have never felt like this:
- I have never spontaneously dripped milk down my silk blouse. Granted, I've SPILLED because I'm a sloppy feeder. But never DRIPPED.
- My husband can feed him just as easily as I can.
- Which translates into, my husband can take NIGHT DUTY. As can my mother, sister, dog, & neighbor's second cousin twice removed so that I can sleep.
Yep, benefits!! Love them.
& so I proudly sport my Munchkin formula dispenser with pride,
despite some dirty looks from "wanna-be La Leche Leeches". Because at the
end of the day, I'm feeding my baby. & I'm simply PRO-FEED YOUR
BABY at this point in my life.
But Coke versus Pepsi? Now that is something to get worked up about.
I want to extend a thank you to Blair from Heir to Blair for sharing why formula was the right choice for her family. LOVE her and love her site so be sure to check her out and say HELLO.
I would also like to add that if you have had a breast reduction surgery or nipple surgery and wish to breastfeed - please check out BFAR for resources and support.
:: Did you have negative experiences with "pro-breast feeders" that turned you off?::
Do you have a breastfeeding/formula feeding story you would
like to share on Accustomed Chaos? Send me an email at accustomedchaos[at]gmail[dot]com
*------------------------------*
I want to extend a thank you to Blair from Heir to Blair for sharing why formula was the right choice for her family. LOVE her and love her site so be sure to check her out and say HELLO.
I would also like to add that if you have had a breast reduction surgery or nipple surgery and wish to breastfeed - please check out BFAR for resources and support.










