Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Embarking on New Leg Of Parenting

Photo Credit
Where does the time go? Seriously! I remember when I was first pregnant with Big P people would comment on how fast time will fly by and I really didn't get it.  Now, fast forward to 4 and a half years later and here I was last Friday taking Big P to his senior kindergarten orientation.

I am dumbfounded on how honestly quickly the time went by. I remember so vividly the morning I went into labor with him, the first time I held him and fed him from my breast. I remember it all like it was yesterday and I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he will be in school in 3 months.

Since he is a December baby he could have actually started JK last September - at 3 years old.  He wasn't ready so we didn't enroll him last year and it was the right decision.  This year he is more then ready and excited to go and he will be going right into SK into a french immersion program - so 100% French taught for the first 4 years of school.

I am intimidated, I am scared, I am proud and mostly I am in awe of this baby who grew into such a beautiful, lively boy who is so full of life, laughter and beaming with energy. I am about to "unleash him into the world" for the first time, and although kindergarten is only part time (T, Th & every other F) it is going to be so quiet around her without him during the day.  

I am so excited to watch him learn, interact and shape his world around him.  We are about to embark on a whole new leg of the journey and I could not be more proud of the little big boy he has become.


:: Any tips on how to survive the first few weeks? For mommy not Big P - he will be fine::




Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below


Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!