Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Battling Back to Normal and New Hope

Photo Credit

I have not really touched on this topic yet and I really don't want to get too much into it right now - but for the past 3 years I have been battling with some intense health issues.  In 2007 everything changed for me and I have since been fighting to get somewhere back to "normal" since everything changed. 

I have seen more specialists then I can count, been given different possible diagnoses, have had an embarrassing amount of testings done and yesterday I met with my third neurologist and for the first time I feel he is on to something.  I am so thankful to have met him, been given a new plan of action and best of all - what he thinks is going on is NOT life threatening like I had been told in the past.  ::Breathing again::

I still have a long way to go - somehow this busy mom of 3 is going to have to fit in 2 physiotherapy sessions a week, 2 massage therapy sessions a week, take new medication daily that causes fatigue and weight gain {but works so well with the nerve pain} and much more testing to be done.  

I am so hopeful, which is hard because I have been let down over the past three years - been told that this is something I am going to have to live with and it will get worse - but I am hopeful that this new neurologist has hit the problem on the head and this constant state of chaos will slow down or even go away completely!

This is not going to be easy - both the physio and massage I have been told are going to be painful and taxing but I am actually looking forward to it. It is something I can actively do to try to make myself better and that is at least something!  

One day I am hopeful that I will be feeling 100% healthy! If you know me in real life you would know how incredible that feeling would be for me.  I have a long road, some other health issues to clear up {knee and ankle surgery coming up + more kidney ultrasounds} but those are not even remotely as debilitating as this constant vertigo, numbness and pain I have been dealing with for 3 years.  

I have hope now that i might not have multiple sclerosis. That this might be something that could actually go away.  I have hope for the first time in 3 years that my kids will not have to watch their mom suffer from this. I know that this is not official - that the testing and waiting is still real but i have hope - and that is something!

Edited to Add: McLinky for Raising Madison Blog Hop #FindingHope




Would Love to Hear From You! Please Leave a Comment Below ♥

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!