Monday, April 5, 2010

I Never Thought I'd Crave This

photo credit: laffy4k via flikr

It is 4 o'clock in the morning. Seriously I am sitting here at 4:17am, everyone is asleep and it is pure bliss!  The only noise I can hear is myself clicking on the keyboards and the light hum of the refrigerator.  There is no noise of Baby E crying to be picked up or a fight to break up between my older two, the tv and radio are off - silence!

I never thought someone could crave silence. Quiet in this house is a very rare thing and since I am a stay at home mom I am in it all the time. It is rare that I get out by myself and I am trying to work that into our routine more.  I have grown quite accustomed to the noise and at most times it doesn't even faze me. I think though by the end of the month when I haven't been by myself that whole time it starts to get to me... every little blip feels like a scream. 

This weekend I was able to go out on my own - no kids, no husband and no friends and went and got my hair cut. It was SO nice to be out alone for a few hours and really helped rejuvenate me.  I have a feeling though if I sat in this house during the day with no one here I wouldn't know what to do with myself. 


So, I crave silence, what do you crave now that you are a parent? 

Would Love to Hear From You! Please Feel Free to Leave a Comment Below

Top Mommy Blogs - Vote for us @ TopMommyBlogs.Com!

Be sure to subscribe to our RSS feed or follow my blog and get updates to your dashboard